El presente continuo (Present Continuous o Present Progressive) es uno de los tiempos verbales más usados en inglés. Sirve principalmente para hablar de cosas que están pasando en este preciso momento o situaciones temporales.
1. La Fórmula Secreta (Estructura)
Para armar cualquier oración en presente continuo, necesitas solo dos cosas:
El verbo To Be cambia según quién realiza la acción:
I am (I'm)
He / She / It $\rightarrow$ is (He's, She's, It's)
You / We / They $\rightarrow$ are (You're, We're, They're)
2. Tipos de Oraciones (Estructuras de ejemplo)
Afirmativa: She is reading a book. (Ella está leyendo un libro.)
Negativa: She is not reading a book. / She isn't reading... (Ella no está leyendo un libro.)
Pregunta: Is she reading a book? (¿Está ella leyendo un libro?)
3. ¿Cuándo se usa? (Casos de uso con ejemplos)
Caso 1: Acciones que ocurren ¡AHORA MISMO!
Es el uso principal. Algo que empezó y no ha terminado en este instante.
Afirmativo: I am writing an email right now. (Estoy escribiendo un correo en este momento.)
Negativo: He isn't sleeping, he's awake. (Él no está durmiendo, está despierto.)
Pregunta: Are you listening to me? (¿Me estás escuchando?)
Caso 2: Situaciones temporales
Cosas que están pasando alrededor del presente (estos días, este mes), aunque no necesariamente en este segundo.
Afirmativo: She is living in Madrid this month. (Ella está viviendo en Madrid este mes.)
Negativo: We aren't working on that project anymore. (Ya no estamos trabajando en ese proyecto.)
Pregunta: Is he taking English lessons these days? (¿Él está tomando clases de inglés estos días?)
Caso 3: Planes futuros ya confirmados
En inglés se usa mucho el presente continuo para planes fijos que ya organizaste para el futuro cercano.
Afirmativo: We are meeting John tomorrow at 5 PM. (Nos vamos a reunir / nos reunimos con John mañana a las 5 PM.)
Negativo: I am not coming to the party tonight. (No voy a venir / no voy a la fiesta esta noche.)
Pregunta: What are you doing this weekend? (¿Qué vas a hacer este fin de semana?)
Caso 4: Hábitos molestos o repetitivos (con always)
Se usa para expresar irritación por algo que alguien hace todo el tiempo.
Afirmativo: You are always losing your keys! (¡Siempre estás perdiendo tus llaves!)
Negativo: He isn't always complaining, just today. (Él no siempre se está quejando, solo hoy.)
Pregunta: Why are you always interrupting me? (¿Por qué siempre me estás interrumpiendo?)
4. Reglas rápidas para agregar -ING al verbo
Regla general: Solo agrega -ing.
Walk - Walking
Eat - Eating
Si termina en 'e' muda: Quitas la e y agregas -ing.
Dance - Dancing
Make - Making
Si es de 1 sílaba con Consonante + Vocal + Consonante (CVC): Duplicas la última consonante.
Run - Running
Sit - Sitting
⚠️ Ojo con los "Stative Verbs":
Hay verbos de estado, sentimiento o pensamiento que no suelen usarse en presente continuo (como like, love, need, want, know, understand).
Incorrecto: I am wanting an ice cream.
Correcto: I want an ice cream.
1- Change the verb into the correct form:
1. Anna (rest) right now.
2. I (talk) on the phone at this moment.
3. Bella (cook) dinner now.
4. They (help) the teacher right now.
5. He (run) very fast!
6. Julia (bake) a chocolate cake at the moment.
7. I (have) fun!
8. You (dance) very nicely.
9. They (answer) all the questions.
10. John (eat) Salad, and I am eating fish.
11. Marta (drive), and Chris is sleeping (sleep).
12. It (rain).
13. I (write) my homework.
14. We (work) on the new show right now.
15. Kate (lie) in bed now.
2- Change the verb into the correct form:
1. We (renovate) our house this week.
2. She (paint) her room today.
3. I (write) a book these days.
4. They (try) to sell their car.
5. You (look) good today.
6. He (study) to be a lawyer.
7. This table (break) apart.
8. Oliver (help) me with my homework these days.
9. Luke (become) more and more handsome.
10. I (work) on my accent.
11. You (change) your work place.
12. She (have) a hard time.
13. This month we (stay) with my Sister.
14. Eva (look) for a roommate.
15. They (study) Spanish this summer.
3- Change the verb into the correct form:
1. We (go) to the movies tonight.
2. She (leave) to London tomorrow morning.
3. Jenny (come) back from New York tomorrow.
4. I (visit) Lisa next week.
5. You (work) on the big project after lunch.
6. They (sing) at our club next month.
7. Mark (meet) me for lunch.
8. Tracy (bring) the package later today.
9. I (swim) this evening.
10. You (take) the car with you tomorrow.
11. Peter (help) me with the garden on the weekend.
12. Maya (go back) tonight.
13. We (make) a party on Sunday.
14. They (get married) next month.
15. Alexis (take) us to the zoo tomorrow.
4- Change the verb into the correct form:
1. She (always come) late!
2. He (always break) something!
3. We (always stay) too late.
4. They (always fight).
5. I (always forget) by papers.
6. You (always smoke)!
7. This guy (always shout).
8. It (always rain) in this place.
9. I (always prepare) too much food.
10. This girl (always flirt) with someone!






0 comentarios:
Publicar un comentario